No public authority can function properly without reliable statistical data: they are an indispensable tool, providing exact information about the economic situation, demographic movements and the working of the State (education, public finance, health etc.).
The Service for Statistics of the Canton of Fribourg has the following goals:
- the development and publication of statistical information of interest to the Canton and its administration
- that statistical data should as far as possible be the by-product of IT use in the services of the cantonal administration
- the organisation of censuses, surveys and reports required by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office
Service for Statistics
The Service for Statistics of the Canton of Fribourg provides relevant, comprehensive and user-friendly statistical information for local, cantonal and federal authorities, scientists, the media, businesses and citizens. Moreover, it assists the services of the cantonal administration and other bodies in conducting surveys or studies, most of them with a prospective focus.
Important Areas of Activity
- Population statistics (federal census, migration, demographic forecasts)
- Construction and housing statistics
- Schools statistics (classes, pupils, teachers)
- Federal business census
- Economic indicators and forecasts
- Property sales statistics