The cantonal government would like to improve the economic fabric of the Canton of Fribourg by pursuing the following goals: an increase in cantonal revenue, a strengthening of the economic base and the creation of highly skilled jobs.
In order to realise these goals, the cantonal government promotes the Canton of Fribourg as a site for new businesses with innovatory activities. It offers local and international companies a large spectrum of services that make it easier for them to locate or expand their business in the Canton.
Fribourg Development Agency
The Fribourg Development Agency liaises between businesses and the cantonal administration. It is the ideal partner for companies requiring assistance with the many steps involved in the founding or expanding of a business:
- it identifies land, office or factory space and staff
- it finds partners (banks, financial intermediaries)
- it provides contacts within the administration
- it provides special assistance to young entrepreneurs
- it arranges for financial and tax incentives
The annual review of the Fribourg Development Agency, Fribourg Network, publishes original in-depth articles that throw a new light on business life in the Canton of Fribourg.