Objectives of the Employment Policy
The employment policy of the Ministry of Economic Affairs aims at a well balanced labour market throughout the Canton of Fribourg. It functions along two distinct but complementary lines of action:
- The prevention of imminent unemployment, and the reduction of existing unemployment
- The observation and management of the labour market, specifically in matters of security and health, and the application of the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons.
The Ministry of Economic Affairs assigns to two services the tasks related to these objectives:
- The Public Office for Employment
- The Public Unemployment Fund
The Service for Employment
The Service for Employment oversees the implementation of the Employment Policy of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. It strives toward the following goals:
- The rapid and permanent reintegration of job-seekers into the labour market, through the Office's Regional Job Centres (ORP/RAV)
- The exertion of a positive influence upon the labour market, through specific and selected measures
- Ensuring the transparency of the labour market, in order to provide interested parties with all the necessary information.
The Public Unemployment Fund
The Public Unemployment Fund sets and pays out the benefits allowable under Federal and Cantonal legislations in force. It guarantees appropriate compensation for the loss in earnings that an insured person might incur due to unemployment.